You’re not alone
No job is more important than being a parent. Yet, you may not have the support you need or any idea how to do the job well. Babies do not come with an instruction manual—parenting is a huge and sometimes overwhelming task that can involve:
- Sleep deprivation
- Breastfeeding concerns
- Caesarian birth
- Preemies or multiples
- Attachment problems
- Postpartum blues
- Anxiety or depression
- Lack of confidence
- Insecurity in parenting skills
We are here to help
If you are a new parent, we provide you with support from a trusted family coach when you need it most. Our services are tailored to meet your changing needs:
- We share newborn tips and model positive parenting skills.
- We are compassionate listeners who understand your challenges and needs.
- We are flexible, providing help where it’s needed most: doing chores, running errands with you, helping with appointments or just giving you a chance to rest.
- We teach relaxation techniques.
- We provide non-medical, physical, emotional, and informational/resource support.
- We help at-risk families break the cycles of abuse, neglect, violence, addiction, poverty and hopelessness you may be stuck in.
- We are here to support you in your role in raising the next generation of successful and well-adjusted children.
Services are free
As a non-profit, we believe that our community must support all our families and all our children. We are grateful to our benefactors and community members who help us to help families. We also partner with local agencies to provide comprehensive care for ALL new parents and families in our community. Mentors bring skills, experience, wisdom and patience, while supporting your family in a non-judgmental way.
Our trained and trusted volunteers undergo thorough reference and background checks.
— Tara and James D., Adoptive Parents